It’s only the fifth day of 2017 and Honda Malaysia has already pulled the covers off their all-new model. Say hello to the Honda BR-V, Honda’s most affordable people mover.
Honda Malaysia is offering two variants of the BR-V, Grade E and Grade V. All BR-V variants are powered by the same 1.5-litre four-cylinder i-VTEC petrol engine that’s found in the City and Jazz, also paired to the identical Earth Dreams Technology CVT that sends drive to both front wheels.
Standard equipment for both variants include:
- Halogen headlights
- LED daytime running lights
- Wing mirrors with integrated turn signals
- Roof rails
- Pole type antenna
- Rear air-conditioning vents
- 11 cupholders
- Dual front SRS airbags
- Front seatbelts with 3 point ELR
- 12V power outlet
- USB, Bluetooh, Aux connectivity
- Reverse sensors
- Security alarm with immobilizer
The range-topping Grade V adds
- Chrome outside door handles
- Bumper lower garnish
- Chrome side protector
- Front fog lights
- Smart Entry System with Push Start Button
- Electrical tailgate lock
- Steering wheel with audio controls
- Water print matte instrument panel
- Auto air conditioning
- Leather upholstery (synthetic & leather)
- 6.1 inch Display Audio
- Reverse camera
A total of five colours are offered, Tafetta White, Lunar Silver Metallic, Modern Steel Metallic, Dark Ruby Red Pearl and Golden Brown Metallic, with the latter being the new colour option.
Honda Malaysia says that prices start from RM85,800 for the Grade E, before moving up to RM92,800 for the Grade V. Both prices are OTR with insurance. The company plans to shift 800 units of the BR-V a month.