Honda Malaysia announced today that the popular BR-V has recorded impressive sales of close to 11,000 units within 6 months of its launch, exceeding its annual sales target of 10,000 units. The company has set a new sales target of 15,000 units, a 50% increase from the initial target for the BR-V for the remaining months of 2017.
Based on this record, the V variant leads the number of sales at 80% while the remaining 20% sales come from the E Variant. In terms of colour preference, Taffeta White and Modern Steel Metallic appears to be the favourite among the customers, recording 27% and 25% sales respectively whereas the Dark Ruby Red Pearl, Golden Brown Metallic and Lunar Silver Metallic shared similar sales percentage at 16% to 17%.
In terms of BR-V sales recorded by region, Klang Valley contributed the highest sales figures at 44% where majority of customers were attracted to the BR-V’s practicality as both a family and city driving vehicle. Southern region recorded 20% sales while the Northern region contributed 18%.
The introduction of BR-V has also enabled Honda Malaysia to further penetrate the East Malaysia market. Sales records show that it has been very well accepted in East Malaysia, achieving 10% of total sales in Malaysia and exceeding Honda Malaysia’s initial target of 6%. The BR-V contributes 34% to the overall sales garnered in East Malaysia. The high adaptability of the vehicle on various road terrains in East Malaysia directly meets the increasing demand for utility and high ground vehicles there, especially among families who are also looking for a practical 7-seater.
Based on internal sales information, the average BR-V customers are mostly National upgraders and Non-National additional car buyers who are looking for a bigger vehicle within their budget to accommodate the needs of their growing families. The BR-V also seemed to be the choice for about 14% of first time car buyers due to its affordable price (below RM100,000), good fuel economy and sporty exterior features. Customers of the BR-V were also attracted to the appealing legroom and headroom at the 3rd row which is very convenient and provides the riding comfort for adults during long distance journeys. Apart from that, the National upgraders were also pleasantly surprised to learn that Honda Malaysia has 91 authorised dealers nationwide which means they can have easy access to affordable after sales maintenance.
Honda Malaysia reassured that the expected delivery period for the BR-V remains at 1 to 2 months. The company is taking all necessary steps to ensure fast and efficient delivery to customers without compromising on vehicle quality control.
The BR-V is a model specially developed by Honda R&D Asia Pacific Co., Ltd. (HRAP) for the ASEAN market. It is also the first HRAP model introduced in Malaysia. The BR-V is fitted with a 1.5L i-VTEC engine combined with Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT) developed under Honda’s Earth Dreams Technology which is ideal for smooth and efficient driving performance.
The solid wing face design on the exterior of the BR-V provides a sleek and stylish outlook to the vehicle. The design is further complemented with a set of Roof Rail, Daytime Running Lights (DRL) and 16” Dual Tone Allow Wheels which further highlights the ruggedness of the vehicle.
Honda has not compromised comfort even with the very affordable price tag. The interior of the BR-V offers the style, space, convenience and comfort that a Full 7-Seater requires. Owners of the V variant will enjoy B-Segment premium features such as a 6.1-inch Display Audio and Auto Air Conditioning, Push Start Button and Smart Entry, Leather Trims, Leather Steering Wheels and Steering Wheel Switch Audio Control.
The versatility of the full 7-seater crossover is ideal for family usage be it daily travel to work or to ferry the children; weekend outings or even outstation travels.The BR-V’s biggest-in-class trunk space of 223-litre with all seats up and 539L with 3rd row seats folded is a deal-making feature of the vehicle.
To find out more information on the BR-V or to book a test drive, customers can visit any of the 91 Honda authorized dealers nationwide or call Honda’s Toll Free number at 1-800-88-2020 or log onto www.honda.com.my.