Earlier this year, Hong Leong Yamaha Motor (HLYM) unveiled an all-new 155 cc, water-cooled scooter called the Yamaha NMAX in Malaysia.
Following its official launch, HLYM has finally announced the official price for the scooter with retail price of RM8,812.84. The price is inclusive of GST without roadtax, number plates & insurance. Those interested to purchase the Yamaha NMAX can place a booking at all authorised Yamaha dealers nationwide by April 2016.
The NMAX features a BLUECORE engine, a 155 cc fuel injection, liquid-cooled, four-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve with Variable Valve Actuation (VVA), is paired with a CVT gearbox. It has been developed to offer strong torque at low-speeds and power at high-speeds, which makes it an ideal scooter for the Malaysian scooterists that traverse urban city centers and highways.
Below are some of the main features of the Yamaha NMax:
- New liquid-cooled, Single Overhead Camshaft (SOHC), 4-valves, 155cc BLUECORE engine with Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) and Continuous Variable Transmission (CVT)
- Body styling with a central tunnel based on the MAX model family
- Riding position with a high degree of freedom and comfort for both small and large physiques
- Under seat storage capable of holding helmet (Some helmets may not fit in depending on shape)
- LED headlights and rear brake lights for brighter and clearer illumination during riding.
- Front and rear disc brakes for optimum braking performance
- Twin rear suspension for better riding stability and comfort
- A 6.6-litre fuel tank that is strategically positioned in the center tunnel easier reach and convenience
- A full LCD instrument panel which offers a modern and trendy design
- Seat equipped with spring fitted hinges that offers more convenience during storage compartment accessibility.