Following the issue in regards of the delay in the replacement of the parts for the affected Honda cars due to the low stock availability of the replacement parts, Honda Malaysia has announced further details of the Service Central Hubs and Mobile Hubs that will help alleviate Honda dealers’ limited service capacities for Takata airbag inflator replacement activity, and to make it more convenient for customers to reach servicing venues.
On top of that, the company also announces the compensation plan for “loss of use of car” due to the Takata DRIVER front airbag inflator replacement delay.
Below are the details:
1. Honda Malaysia will open 3 temporary Service Central Hubs from 1st August 2016 to 30th September 2016 that will operate 7 days a week except public holidays, from 8am to 7pm. The locations of the hubs are as follows:
- Northern Hub – (Next to S.M.J.K. Convent Dato’ Keramat School) Address: No.401, Jalan Dato’ Keramat, 10150 Georgetown, Penang.
- Central Hub – Soo & Sons Metal Works Sdn. Bhd. (Next to Columbia Asia Hospital) Address: Lot 15 Jalan 13/6, Section 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor.
- Southern Hub – Oriental Assemblers Sdn. Bhd. Address: 99 & 99A-C, Jalan Tampoi, 81200 Johor Bahru, Johor
These Service Central Hubs are aimed at providing additional service capacity for Takata airbag inflator replacement activity, helping to ease service capacity limitation at Honda dealers, and also providing storage for the required parts for the replacements.
Customers can book their appointment with any of the Service Central Hubs by calling the Honda Toll Free number, 1-800-88-2020.
Due to the multiple recalls for both Takata driver and passenger front airbags inflators, it would be possible that one vehicle is recalled for both Takata airbag inflators replacement. In such a situation, Honda will prioritize Takata DRIVER front airbag inflator replacement based on parts availability and due to the low stock availability of Takata passenger front airbag inflator.
2. To make it more convenient for customers to reach servicing venues and to ensure faster and easier Takata airbag inflator replacement process, Honda Malaysia will supplement with a total of 24 Mobile Hubs which will be set up at 21 selected Petron service stations and 3 Honda Family Road Trip locations. These Mobile Hubs will open from 5th August 2016 until 25th September 2016 and will be operational every Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 3 different locations from 8am to 7pm.
In addition, Honda Malaysia has also formed Mobile Teams to support the Service Central Hubs and Mobile Hubs, and to further expedite Takata airbag inflator replacement activity. The hubs and teams will be staffed by trained Honda associates from Honda’s Melaka plant.
These teams will visit used car dealers to check the status of secondhand Honda cars being sold and, if required, the airbag inflators will be changed immediately to ensure that the airbag inflators in the affected secondhand Honda cars are replaced properly before they are sold to new owners. Buyers of secondhand Honda cars are advised to check their vehicle status by keying in their vehicle VIN (chassis number) at www.honda.com.my or www.productrecall.honda.com.my.
3. Honda Malaysia understands the inconvenience caused by the Takata airbag recalls and that some customers will experience loss of use of their Honda cars during the parts waiting period for the replacement parts for Takata driver front airbag inflators. Such customers are now advised to register themselves with Honda Malaysia at www.productrecall.honda.com.my for compensation of RM50 per day for “loss of use of car”. The compensation period begins on 28th July 2016 and ends on 31st August 2016.
Upon arrival of the replacement parts for Takata driver front airbag inflators, the registered customers with Honda Malaysia will be notified and advised to replace the airbag inflators within 2 days. The process and further details of the compensation plan are available at www.productrecall.honda.com.my.
Owners of Honda vehicles affected by airbag inflator product recall are advised to get their vehicles checked and parts replaced at any authorized Honda dealers as soon as possible. You can also check your vehicles recall status either by logging on to www.honda.com.my or www.productrecall.honda.com.my or by calling the Honda Toll Free number at 1-800-88-202.
Source: Honda Malaysia