TC Euro Cars, the sole franchise holder for Renault Cars in Malaysia has just previewed the Captur, Renault’s first urban crossover at the Bangsar Shopping Centre.
Slated for Q4 2015 launch, this Renault Captur will soon be available for purchase with an estimated price range of RM118,000 to RM123,000.
Designed to rival the Honda HR-V, Ford EcoSport and the Peugeot 2008, the Renault Captur is based on the same platform as the new Clio supermini. Thanks to its compact footprint (4.12m x 1.77m x 1.57m ) and large 17-inch wheels, it proclaims its sporty vocation and lust for adventure, while its high driving position raises it to the level of a number of crossovers and 4X4 from the next segment up.
While the Captur might look compact on the outside, it is surprisingly spacious and versatile on the inside. There is carbon bucket-style front seats available as standard feature and the steering wheel trimmed in grey textured leather reassert the sporty side of the design. The passengers compartment on the other hand, features fabric seat-covers that are removable for easy washing.
Renault Captur also boasts the appointments and comfort refinements expected of an MPV, such as a high-up driving position, large boot (377 litres), modular interior and innovative stowage solutions. Also available will be a 7-inch touchscreen, AUX, USB, Bluetooth, navigation system, reverse camera and keyless entry and start.
Under the hood, power is supplied by a 1.2-litre four-cylinder turbocharged engine that churns out 120 hp and 190 Nm of torque. When mated to a 6-speed Efficient Dual Clutch (EDC) transmission, the Captur is capable of making a century sprint in 10.9 seconds whilst reaching a top speed of 192km/h.
In terms of fuel economy, this spirited crossover offers best-in-class fuel efficiency of up to 5.4L/100km on a combine cycle, while C02 emission is rated at 125g/km.
In terms of safety, the Renault Captur obtained a global score of 80.5% to become the 15th Renault model to secure Euro NCAP’s maximum 5-star passive safety rating. This result, given stricter noting procedures by the independent body, further underscores the company’s passive safety expertise. The list of safety equipment available in the Renault Captur includes 4 airbags, Electronic Stability Control with Roll Movement Intervention, Hill Assist, ABS and Emergency Brake Assist.
Renault Captur will be easy to customise and notably comes with an original two-tone colour scheme which produces an attractive contrast between the roof and pillars and the rest of the body work. There will be 4 in-vogue two-tone paint jobs available for buyers to choose from; Arizona Orange (body) / Diamond Black (roof); Pacific Blue (body) / Ivory (roof); Beige / Diamond Black (roof) and Ivory (body) / Diamond Black (roof).
Prior to its official launch, Renault will be previewing the Captur at selected showrooms in August. Check out the preview schedule below:
6 – 9 August 2015
- Renault Petaling Jaya (Jalan Kemajuan, Section 13, Petaling Jaya Selangor)
- Renault Glenmarie (Jalan Penguasa A, U1/53A, Glenmarie, Selangor)
- Renault Puchong (Tower 1, PFCC, Jalan Puteri 1/2 Bandar Puteri, Puchong, Selangor)
10-16 August 2015
- Renault Setia Alam (No.2 Jalan Seia Prima (S) U13/S, Setia Alam, Seksyen U13, Shah Alam Selangor
- Renault Setapak (PV128, Jalan Genting Kelang, Setapak, Kuala Lumpur)
- Renault Johor Bahru (Jalan Johor Jaya, Kawasan Perindustrian Plentong, Johor Bahru)
17-23 August 2015
- Renault Sri Hartamas (Jalan 22B/70A, Plaza Crystalville II, Desa Sri Hartamas, KL)
- Renault Ipoh (Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah Utara, Taman Ipoh Selatan, Ipoh, Perak)
24-30 August 2015
- Renault Petaling Jaya (Jalan Kemajuan, Section 13, Petaling Jaya, Selangor)
- Renault Butterworth ( Jalan Baru, Seberang Prai, Butterworth, Pulau Pinang)
For more info about the Renault Captur, visit www.captur.com.my.