Subaru Tecnica International Inc. (STI) today announced the release of the “Subaru BRZ tS”, which goes on sale on June 30 through Subaru dealerships in Japan. The ever popular BRZ, the twin brother of Toyota’s 86 has always been rumoured that the STI version will include force induction, whether it may be a turbo or a supercharger.
Subaru BRZ tS is an STI complete car which achieves both “agile handling performance evoking a racing car” and “a high-quality ride” at a high level. STI further enhanced the base car’s chassis performance by using expertise developed in its motorsport activities, pursuing the rear-wheel drive sports car’s “inherent handling pleasure enabling drivers to control it at will”.
Exclusive tuning such as adoptions of STI’s unique flexible parts embodies highly responsive handling performance. Driving performance has also been enhanced by adoptions of “brembo” ventilated disc brakes, 18-inch aluminum wheels and a front under spoiler. The model comes with special features including the “STI” / “tS” ornaments and exclusively-made fender garnish on the exterior as well as “Recaro”-designed front bucket seats exclusively made for STI and a speedometer with an STI logo inside, which evoke driving excitement and pleasure of ownership.
Body colors available are Sunrise Yellow, WR Blue Pearl, Crystal White Pearl and Crystal Black Silica. The model’s production will be limited to 300 units.
- 225/40ZR18 (92Y) tires (Michelin Pilot Super Sport)
- STI-designed, black colored 18-inch aluminum wheels
- Brembo front 17-inch opposed 4-pot ventilated disc brake with STI logo
- Brembo rear 17-inch opposed 2-pot ventilated disc brake with STI logo
- STI-designed lateral link with pillow ball bush (front inside, rear inside)
- STI-tuned front suspension (inverted-strut front suspension) and coil springs
- STI-tuned rear damper and coil springs
- STI-designed flexible V-shaped bar
- STI-designed flexible draw stiffener (front)
- STI-designed large-diameter drive shaft
- Exclusively-tuned VDC (Vehicle Dynamics Control)
- Exclusively-tuned filter for Sound Creator®
- STI-designed front under spoiler
- Exclusively-made “STI” ornament (front and rear), “tS” ornament (rear)
- Exclusively-made front bumper with cherry red colored facing and LED lamps
- Exclusively-made rear bumper with cherry red colored facing
- STI designed front fender garnish with “STI” logo (black)
- Black colored electric folding door mirror
- Black colored roof antenna (shark fin type)
- Exclusively-made speedometer with STI logo
- Exclusively-made speedometer visor [Alcantara®*5 (black), red stitching]
- Carbon tone instrument panel and ornament (“tS Limited Edition 300”)
- Exclusively-made leather lapped steering wheel (quality-feel leather with “STI” ornament and red stitching)
- STI-designed leather lapped gear knob with STI logo
- STI-designed push button ignition (red) with STI logo
- Recaro-designed front bucket seats [black leather / black punching Alcantara® combination seats (red stitching and red accents)] with STI logo and SRS side airbag
- Side ventilation grill (red)
- Door trims (Armrest: black Alcantara® with red stitching / Shoulder pad with black stitching)
- Exclusively-made side sill plate with STI logo
- Exclusively-made insulators (instrument panel, trunk trim, door)
Based on the specs provided, sadly there isn’t any forced induction available on this model as power specs still remain at 200hp.