As mentioned in our previous post, the Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) today announced the new taxi and bus fares nationwide which come into effect immediately. While the flag-down rates for budget taxis will remain the same at RM3, the distance and time rates has been revised…
The new rates for taxi are below;
1. Flag-down fare — RM3.00 for budget cabs
2. Flag-down fare — RM4.00 for budget cabs in Penang
3. 25 sen for every 200m for budget cabs
4. 30 sen for every 200m for budget cabs in Penang
5. 25 sen for every 36 seconds for budget cabs
6. 30 sen for every 36 seconds for budget cabs in Penang
7. RM1.25 for every 1 km for hired cars
Meanwhile, the TEKS1M cabs, marked by their brown Proton Exora make, will see new flag-down rates upped to RM4, with 30 sen to be charged per 200m.
Express buses on the other hand will see its current fare increase from 9.3 sen per km to 11.4 sen per km from April 2015. This will mean a ticket to Ipoh from KL will cost RM25.30 instead of RM20.60 previously.
According to SPAD, the new fare structure is expected to coincide with the new Goods and Services Tax (GST) which will be implemented on 1st April 2015.
Source and images: The Star online, Jack Lee