This news came to us as a shocker, as the Kuala Lumpur City Hall (DBKL) has announced that they will rename eight roads in Kuala Lumpur, including Jalan Ipoh, Jalan Duta and Lebuhraya Mahameru.
According to DBKL on their Facebook page, these are the roads that will be renamed.
1. Lebuhraya Mahameru will be renamed to Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar
2. Persiaran Mahameru will be renamed to Persiaran Tuanku Ja’afar
3. Jalan Semarak will be renamed to Jalan Sultan Yahya Petra
4. Jalan Ipoh will be renamed to Jalan Sultan Azlan Shah
5. Persiaran Duta will be renamed to Persiaran Tuanku Syed Sirajuddin
6. Jalan Khidmat Setia & Jalan Ibadah will be renamed to Jalan Sultan Mizan Zainal Abidin
7. Jalan Duta will be renamed to Jalan Tunku Abdul Halim
8. Jalan Khidmat Usaha will be renamed to Jalan Sultan Haji Ahmad Shah
DBKL said that signboard installation will start from tomorrow (November 26) onwards.