Mercedes-Benz Malaysia Sdn Bhd has flagged-off the year 2014 in full throttle, recording a 22% increase to 2,233 vehicles in total sales for the first quarter of 2014, compared to the same period last year. The increase in sales was predominantly driven by a 38% growth by Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicles, with the new E-Class registering 60% year-to-date growth.
Mercedes-Benz passenger vehicles recorded an increase from 1,211 units in Q1 2013 to 1,676 units this year. Mercedes-Benz commercial vehicles experienced a marginal 9% decrease from 34 units in Q1 2013 to 31 units; while FUSO registered 526 units in Q1 2014, down 10% from 582 units registered during the same period last year.
“We are very pleased with the overall improved performance this quarter. Both the new A-Class which was launched in June last year, and E-Class which was launched in August, continue to experience strong growth. This is testament of the market’s confidence not only in the Mercedes-Benz brand and product quality, but also the excellent after sales support offered by our nationwide network,” said Mercedes-Benz Malaysia President and CEO, Roland Folger.
Having been in operations for 10 years, Mercedes-Benz Malaysia lays claim to the largest service network amongst the premium automotive brands. A total of 32 dealers and 29 service centres spanning Peninsular Malaysia, Sabah and Sarawak, provide more than 300 service bays with the capacity to serve over 600 vehicles a day for customer convenience.
“We are also well prepared for the expected increase in vehicle throughput to fulfil our obligations to our customers who purchased our vehicles with our Four-Year Extended Warranty Programme which comes into force this year,” Folger added.
“Discerning customers want to be assured of the sustained performance of their vehicle. Our nationwide network is staffed with highly skilled technical experts certified under our Mercedes-Benz’s International C-Service Programme from Global Training, Germany,” he explained.
Folger said that Mercedes-Benz Malaysia would continue to invest in its dealer network, with a focus on one-stop centre offerings. “This year, there will be another new Autohaus which will set the benchmark in retail experience in South East Asia. Furthermore, in addition to the new S-Class and CLA which were launched last month, we plan to introduce a few new passenger vehicle models later in the year to extend our leading position,” he added.
On Energy Efficient Vehicles (EEVs), Folger assured that Mercedes-Benz Malaysia will continue to play an active role in helping reduce the impact on the environment. “Throughout our long history, Mercedes-Benz has been pioneering products and technologies. Our Blue Efficiency technology reduces carbon emission and improves fuel efficiency as exemplified by our New S400 Hybrid. This and many other new models assembled at our plant in Pekan, Pahang, will also be equipped with green technologies, safety features and autonomous driving,” he explained.